Tips on moving Home
- Defrost your fridge and leave items in the fridge until the removalists arrive. Then have an esky to place everything inside;
- Dismantle beds, desks etc and keep the nuts and bolts in a container;
- Remove microwave plate and pack safely into a box;
- Empty all cupboards and drawers;
- Don't water pot plants 3 days prior to move;
- Empty and water beds one day prior to move;
- Be sure to have someone present to indicate the placement of items.
- The use of actual removal cartons or of similar size and shape will help the removalists to pack the truck more efficiently;
- Use the smaller book boxes for books, food, records etc;
- Use larger boxes for the bulkier items such as pots and pans;
- Don't overfill boxes and tape both ends securely;
- Using linen to wrap more fragile items before packing into a box is always a good idea and to write “fragile” clearly on the box.